Bangalore is often dubbed as the medical tourism hub of Asia
· Now, Bangalore’s reputation went a notch higher as Sagar Hospitals-DSI, one of the city’s top and most popular hospitals has now been certified as globally trusted health care provider. One of the major steps that a healthcare provider like Sagar Hospitals-DSI could take was to get itself certified from one of the globally recognized accreditation bodies to reassure patients and their family members across the world that we not only comply with international standards of clinical care and protocols, but believe in imparting greater patient experience before, during and after the patient has arrived in to the country to receive medical treatment from us.
BOOST TO MEDICAL TOURISM
· Medical tourism- the concept of travelling across borders for better medical treatment is has become popular in the recent times, thanks to globalization, technological advancements, availability of information and ease of connectivity. The increasing demand for low cost-high quality treatment in recent times has caught the attention of many developing countries including India that have the adequate resources and potential to meet these demands.
· Today, language, finance, cross border travel, and fear of the unknown are no longer the barriers to individuals who seek medical treatment in foreign countries like India. According to the report by KPMG, India ranks among the first three countries in Asia to have developed strategies specifically as the ideal medical tourism destinations.
· Although India is emerging as the ‘hot-spot’ medical tourism destinations within the Asia-Pacific and other regions of the world, it seems to be facing tough competition to attract medical tourist from the Western countries. Therefore, it is imperative for India to continuously rethink and reform its strategies to gain competitive advantage and increase its market share in the health care sector.
· Being a well-known health care provider’s, Sagar Hospitals- DSI, in South of India and having had the opportunity to treat a number of overseas patients, the concept of medical tourism has generated a great deal of interest in us. We believe that there are some gaps that we could look into and improvise to help boost the Indian Medical Tourism for the future.
· Medical Travel Quality Alliance (MTQUA-) is a medical tourism certification is independent third party recognition that the non-medical services of your hospital, clinic or business meet the international standard of excellence for care and services to international patients and medical tourists.
· MTQUA believes that medical tourists are not ordinary patients, and require care beyond standard clinical protocols, communication, cultural expectations; social practices, ethics, and post-discharge care coordination are some of the factors that affect good care for travelling international patients.
|Below Articles may be helpful to you:|
|Common Yoga Mistakes To Be Avoided By Beginners|
|Positive Effects Of Organic Foods On Daily Life|
|To Know How We Can Protect Our Skin In Different Weathers|