Itchy skin is an uncomfortable skin irritation which makes us to scratch the affected area to get relief from itching feeling. Itching is a common problem with everyone and it may result in rash or another form. Depending on the cause of your itchy skin, it may appear normal or it may be red or rough.
Long-term relief requires identifying and treating the cause of itchy skin. Itchy skin treatments include medications, wet dressings and light therapy. Self-care measures, including using anti-itch products and taking cool baths will also help to get relief from itchy skin.
Common causes for Itchy Skin are as follows:
· Dry Skin
· Internal Illness
· Skin lesions
· Insect Bites
· Lack of Hygiene
Here below are some of the home remedies for Itchy Skin:
· Apple cider vinegar is a real & effective antiseptic that helps release dry and itchy skin.
· Dab a cotton ball on the vinegar and apply on the itchy area, will help the itching go away.
2. Aloe Vera
· Aloe Vera works miracle to treat itchy skin.
· Just slice a piece of aloe vera and rub the gel on the affected area of the skin to get relief from itching..
|Below Articles may be helpful to you:|
|Common Yoga Mistakes To Be Avoided By Beginners|
|Positive Effects Of Organic Foods On Daily Life|
|To Know How We Can Protect Our Skin In Different Weathers|
3. Basil Leaves
· Basil leaves contain a substance called eugenol, which is a very effective relevant anesthetic.
· Boil some basil leaves into a tea, allowing it to cool then use a cotton ball and apply on the affected area.
· Mint is another herb that has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties that is used to get rid of the itchiness.
· Mint is applied in the same manner as basil leaves on the itching area whenever it’s needed.
5. Oat Meal
· Oatmeal is another remedy that is used for dry itchy skin, as it helps to moisturize the skin.
· Mix oatmeal in water and apply the mixture on the affected area of the skin, leave for 10-15 minutes then wash off with cold water.
· Essential oils like chamomile oil, clove oil, lavender oil, neem oil and so on are some of the best essential oils for treating itchy skin.
· One can add few drops of any essential oil to your bath water or apply it directly on the affected area of skin.
· Lemon is a rich source of vitamin C, acts as bleaching property
· Lemon is a very effective home remedy to treat itchy skin.
· Slice a lemon and squeeze out the juice then apply it directly on the itchy part to relieve from skin irritation.
8. Coconut Oil
· Coconut oil can work wonders for treating dry or itchy skin.
· One can apply coconut oil directly onto the affected area.
Few Tips for Healthy Skin:
· Extreme exposure of skin to sunlight can lead to sun tan or wrinkles. Hence use sunscreen every day to protect skin from damage.
· Lack of water content in the body can lead to skin inflammation, blemishes, aging, and dehydration. Drink at least 8 glasses of water daily to keep your skin hydrated and plump.
· Cleansing helps in removing of excess dirt.
· Massage your skin gently for about 20 minutes with a skin care product that suits your skin.
· Eating healthy foods that are rich in vitamins and minerals like spinach, salmon, almonds, berries and so on boosts your immune system and also improves the quality of the skin.