What is Rheumatoid arthritis?
Rheumatoid arthritis is a long term continuous disease causing swelling in the joints and resulting in painful distortion and state of not being able to move around, especially in the fingers, wrists, feet, and ankles.
Rheumatoid arthritis is disease occurs when the immune system which protects health by attacking foreign substances such as bacteria and viruses by mistakes attacks and destroys healthy body tissue.
Some important aspects of Rheumatoid arthritis:
· All age group can affect by Rheumatoid arthritis.
· Some of the sigh which patient shows that is fatigue, joint pain, swollen joints, fever, loss of joint function, as well as joint stiffness, redness, warmth, tenderness, and deformity.
· Rheumatoid arthritis is a disease often occurs in more than one joint and can affect any joint in the body.
· Although fever is normal but it is also one of the major symptom in rheumatoid arthritis.
· Time duration for this disease is for some people have this disease for only a few months or a year or two.
· Rheumatoid arthritis can develop with some sign or begin without any warning as a sudden, with very painful episode.
Targets of Rheumatoid arthritis:
It make target to anyone of this disease, however in present it mainly occurs more often in women. Even the small children also can get affected by Rheumatoid arthritis.it often starts in middle age and is most common in older people.
What the research says about the causes:
Most research doctors agree that a combination of genetic and environmental factors is responsible for this rheumatoid arthritis disease.
The element which can also be responsible for Rheumatoid arthritis:
· Autoimmune condition: An autoimmune condition is type of condition which causes the body’s immune system to attack itself. Generally, your immune system makes antibodies to protect it from the attack of bacteria and viruses, helping protect your body against infection.
· Synovium: The synovium is a membrane (thin layer of cells) that covers each of body joints. When antibodies attack the synovium, they leave it sore and provoke. This causes chemicals to be released, causing the synovium to thicken. These chemicals can also damage bones, the stretchy connective tissue between bones, tissue that connects bone to muscle and tissue that connects bone and cartilage. The chemicals continuously cause the joint to lose its shape and alignment and, it can destroy the joint completely.
· Genetic susceptibility: One of the causes may be cause of the condition. However, having a family member with rheumatoid arthritis does not compulsory to meet this condition.
· Hormones: Researchers says that Rheumatoid arthritis is very common in women than in men even more than three times. This may be due to the effects of oestrogen .It is a female hormone.
· Lifestyle factors: Smokers are more easily can catch this rheumatoid arthritis. Alcoholic People who regularly drink more than the recommended maximum daily limit are also at higher risk.
Treatment of Rheumatoid arthritis:
Rheumatoid arthritis can't be prevented or cured. It is very painful disease but certain medication and precaution slow down the pain and gives relief to the patient. Treatment always takes place according to the seriousness of the rheumatoid arthritis.
· Regular visit to the doctor and care is important for the rheumatoid arthritis patient.
· It is important to keep a good balance between rest and exercise.
· Stress can increase the pain so less your stress.
· Patient can go through the surgery there are many kinds of surgery for people with severe joint damage.
· Change your lifestyle also.
· Take healthy food on proper time.
· Take only doctor’s prescribed medicines.
Medication helps the patients:
· When patients start their treated they get reduce some pain.
· Patients start to live a normal life without any pain.
· They get control over the rheumatoid arthritis disease.
· After medication patients able to cope with physical issues and emotions.
· They also build some confidence in them.
What is Rheumatoid arthritis?