Tourism is one of the popular and the fast growing industry which is having a good growth globally.
A medical traveler should be aware that safety and quality in any hospital, no matter how good it is, and what country it’s in. We strongly need all medical travelers to seriously consider using the services of an experienced, professional medical travel company that offers a full range of care management services on the ground.
Singapore medical tourism had received large numbers of medical travelers every year.
Rankings of top places under medical tourism:
Singapore is at the 4th place in the latest medical tourism ranking. The only Asian destination to reach the top five placements in a study of 25 nations worldwide.
The International Healthcare Research Centre announced that, Canada topped the total medical tourism ranking with a score of 76.87 followed by the UK 74.85, Israel 74.17, Singapore 73.96 and Costa Rica 72.78.
Philippines is the other Asian destination quoted in the top ranking. It was third with a rating of 73.17 in the sub-category on medical tourism costs. Normally, the Philippines are in 9th place with a score of 70.4.
According to total ratings, Thailand was ranked 20th out of 25 countries reviewed with a total score of 65.46. India was ranked 9th with a score of 70.4.
Medical Tourism Directory, which measures the attraction of a country for medical travel along three key extents and 34 underlying criteria, identified the top destinations in a variety of sub-categories.
Canada also topped the category for country environment and medical tourism costs, Costa Rica and Jamaica for destination attraction, Israel and Singapore for medical facility and service.
Medical Tourism Association, President of Medical Tourism Association, Renée-Marie Stephano announced the conclusions at the 7th World Medical Tourism & Global Healthcare Congress.
This information provides not only what patients need to know when planning a medical journey overseas, but serves as a valuable tool for governments, employers and insurance companies, hospitals and doctors, facilitators and related travel and hospitality industries throughout the world.
The 2016 Medical Tourism directory considered 25 countries about 60% of the world’s population from Africa, Asia, Central America, Middle East, South America and North America.
Some of the reasons why patients from all over world come to Singapore for treatment:
• Singapore is well known for one of the least corruption country in Asia and the infrastructure is efficient & reliable.
• Singapore has a team of high standard medical expertise and benefits along with many well- known tourist attraction.
• Singapore hospitals are well equipped with state of art facilities.
• Doctors, Nurses and all other medical staffs are highly skilled and well trained.
• Singapore had a very low crime rate.
• Singapore has a group of English Proficiency speaker medical team by which medical travelers can communicate easily.
• Some Singapore hospitals and clinics provide Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) services such as acupuncture and herbal treatments.
• Wellness centers and health spas are part of Singapore Medical Tourism. Medical travelers can come to enjoy the spa treatment like hydrotherapy and aromatherapy.
• Another strong area for Singapore Medical Tourism is Cosmetic surgery like hair removal sessions or skin treatment.