Navaratri is one of the ultimate Hindu festivals. It indicates the success of good over evil. Navratri takes place at the beginning of October around harvest time and, as the name indicates, this festival is celebrated for nine days. Navratri is also known as Durga Puja.
During this period, Durga, Lakshmi and Saraswati are worshipped as three different indicators of Shakti, or cosmic energy. The festival is dedicated to Durga, the mother goddess who also signifies power. Durga defeated the genius Mahishasura after a relentless battle lasting nine days and nights.
The celebrations of Navratri begin today, and while we all are set to welcome Maa Durga in her various forms by seeing a fast for 9 days. The misunderstanding that fasting is unhealthy, should tell you that until and unless you starve yourself in the name of it, fasting is actually good for the body. While it purifies and clears our body and mind, it also rests our digestive system and encourages mental clarity.
Navratri is the time to eat a variety of healthy foods. The best fasting diet should contain a stability of protein, fat, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals.
Here are some special tips for navaratri fasting in the healthy way:
• Have a cup of green tea with two dates in the morning before taking the breakfast.
• Consumption of fruits, Nuts & Raisins, one will get the required proteins and vitamins from a healthy breakfast.
• One can have milkshake and coconut water when one feels hungry around the lunch time.
|You must also Read:|
|Fruits And Vegetables For Healthy Eyes|
|Diet for Healthy Pregnancy|
|Acupressure Therapy For Healing The Body|
• One can have milkshake and coconut water when one feels hungry around the lunch time. One can also have fruit yoghurt.
• Vegetable juices made out of bottle gourd, tomato, apple and a little bit of ginger, provide mega shots of vitamins A, B and C, and serves as antioxidants to prevent cancer.
• Eating potatoes is allowed in navaratri as it is good for health. One can have aloo chat and aloo salad along with the dinner.
• Avoid eating too much sugar and salt in the fasting during navaratri.
• Sabudana is a pure source of carbohydrates and gives energy during fasting.
• Rock salt and Sendha namak is a pure form of salt that is not chemically processed. This salt is rich in potassium which helps in the digestion, relieving gas & relaxing heart burns.
• Fruits contain healthy sugar fructose that controls up your digestion. So consumption of more fruits is good during fasts.
• Consumption of milk before sleeping will help for a good night sleep. It keeps the digestive system fine.
Effects of not doing fasting properly
Most of the people who fast go to play garba or dandiya in the evenings. This requires stamina and energy, it is vital that you fast in a proper manner in order to enjoy the celebrations and not strain your body’s health. Some of the effects of not fasting properly are:
• Lack of Strength
• Unable to sleep properly
Who should avoid fasting?
Diabetic patients and Pregnant Woman should avoid fasting as it causes a drop in the blood sugar level which is not helpful in both the cases..
|Below Articles may be helpful to you:|
|Common Yoga Mistakes To Be Avoided By Beginners|
|Positive Effects Of Organic Foods On Daily Life|
|To Know How We Can Protect Our Skin In Different Weathers|