Obesity and overweight are the biggest concerns for many people from around the globe. Generally, as soon as individual reaches the stage of overweight he/she is recommended to take some quick actions to protect from obesity. The reason is that once the stage of obesity is reached, it will be difficult to get out of the issue. However, there are surgical procedures for obesity these days. There are many hospitals and doctors in India now with specialization in these surgical procedures, which are generally called as Bariatric surgeries. There are many types of bariatric surgeries available for obese people and one type that is safe and gaining popularity is the Mini Gastric Bypass Surgery.
What is Mini Gastric Bypass Surgery?
This is comparatively a new introduction under the category of bariatric surgery. Earlier, gastric bypass surgery was followed and this is an open surgical procedure. But, mini gastric bypass surgery is conducted under laparoscopic method just by making holes in the stomach area and not opening the entire stomach. Under this method, a key hole is made for insertion of gastric band into the stomach for reducing its size.
|You must also Read:|
|Reasons For Obesity In Children|
|Ayurveda For Treating Obesity|
|Two E’s To Keep Obesity At Bay|
What is Mini Gastric Bypass Surgery?
This is comparatively a new introduction under the category of bariatric surgery. Earlier, gastric bypass surgery was followed and this is an open surgical procedure. But, mini gastric bypass surgery is conducted under laparoscopic method just by making holes in the stomach area and not opening the entire stomach. Under this method, a key hole is made for insertion of gastric band into the stomach for reducing its size. As a small portion of stomach is directly attached to the small intestine, foods consumed by the patients after this surgery will not reach the section of small intestine, where absorption takes place. When the chances of fat absorption from the foods are reduced, the chances of weight gain will also reduce, thereby helping people to lose weight.
Benefits of Mini Gastric Bypass Surgery:
1. Reversible: When it comes to conventional surgical method, the stomach should be opened again for removal of the band. But, if the doctor feels that the band can be removed, it can be done easily when it was inserted through mini gastric bypass surgery.
2. Shorter procedure: As it is a key-hole surgery, the time taken for the procedure is less and the patients are also discharged quickly after the procedure, which is not the case of other bariatric surgeries.
3. Lesser risk: As the entire stomach is not opened, lesser risk is involved as against conventional methods to treat obesity.
4. Cost effective: This is a cost-effective method as well as against other procedures.
5. Better success rates: As against other fat shedding procedures like exercises, dieting and relying on weight loss pills that may cause many side-effects, the chances of success are higher in the case of mini gastric bypass surgery. In addition, it provides quick relief from obesity issue as the patient will not have to spend too long to get the results like dieting and exercising.
Hospitals for Mini Gastric Bypass Surgery in India:
Here is the list of hospitals and their doctors specialized in this surgical procedure in India:
• Kular Hospital – Dr. Kiran Kular and Dr. K.S. Kular, Ludhiana
• Anya Gastro Surgicentre – Dr. Anish Nagpal, Ahmedabad
• Lifeline Hospital – Dr. Rajkumar Sankaran, Chennai
• SIPS Superspecialty Hospital – Dr. R.K. Mishra, Lucknow
So, patients worried with their increasing weight and obesity can seek the help of these hospitals and can enquire about their suitability for the surgery..
|Below Articles may be helpful to you:|
|Lifestyle Changes To Fight Obesity|
|Speedy Eating Can Lead To Obesity|
|Do You Know Brown Fat Fights Diabetes and Obesity?|