Normal body rhythm vary from person to person, but when bowel movements become less frequent than about three per week, most health practitioners view it as a case of constipation. It is one of the most common gastrointestinal problems which everyone used to experience.
Common symptoms of constipation
• Difficult, Dry, Painful bowel movement
• Abdominal pain with loss of appetite
• Feeling uncomfortable, sluggish
• Abdominal swelling
As per Ayurveda to treat a disease it’s very important to rule out the cause so the most common cause of constipation is unhealthy diet and life style.
• Unhealthy diet can be related to inadequate fluid and fibre intake.
• Some medicine can also causes constipation (transquillers, sedatives, iron supplements, some ulcer drug and many other).
• Lack of exercise and physical activity.
• Excessive intake of calcium or iron pills.
• Anxiety, pregnancy, dieting, haemorrhoids are some other causes.
Regular way to stay regular:
Drink more fluid every day- this means 8-10 glass of liquid such as water, fruit juice, lemon water, coconut water etc. Avoid tea and caffeinated beverages.
Make meals fibre rich-
• Substitute whole wheat for white bread, brown rice for white.
• Eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables.
• Food particularly good at promoting regularity includes figs, prunes, blackberries, bran, grain, beans, almonds and apples
• Avoid food of low fibre, highly processed grains, such as packaged breakfast and pastries.
• Monitor your magnesium and calcium-Good food source of magnesium include nuts, blackstrap molasses, whole grain, soya and seafood.
• Stay active- exercise encourages good bowel function. You don’t have to run the London marathon. Gentle exercise such as walking, gardening and yoga tricks.
Best way to deal with constipation is through natural methods using easily available ingredients. Here are some of the best home remedies for constipation which really works on my patients are
• Flaxseeds (linum usitatissium)
This bulking agent provides a significant source of omega 3 essential fatty acids, one that missing from the typical diet.
|You must also Read:|
|How to do Backache Treatment Naturally- Home remedies|
|Home Remedies for Nausea|
|How to Increase Platelets | Top 8 Home Remedies|
• Flaxseeds (linum usitatissium)
This bulking agent provides a significant source of omega 3 essential fatty acids, one that missing from the typical diet. The seeds can be added to cereals or smoothies i.e. sprinkled directly on food after cooking or add them to warm water and drink it early in the morning.
• Psyllium seeds and their husk are of great source of natural fibre take 1 tsp dissolves in ¼ litre of water or juice. Drink immediately, because seeds swell quickly, creating a sludge that’s difficult to swallow
• Soak a few dates in milk for overnight and take it with milk next morning.
• Start your day with 2 glass of Luke warm water and 1 ½ tsp of roasted jeera (cumin seed) powder.
• A full glass of matha mixed with1 ½ tsp of roasted jeera (cumin seed) powder provides relief even from severe constipation.
• Take sunflower and sesame seed powder half spoon each with one glass of water.
Prepared by : Dr Shivani Amola.
|Below Articles may be helpful to you:|
|Top 3 Home Remedies For Hypertension|
|How to cure Acidity by ayurveda?|
|Let us Cure migraine with ayurveda|