Piles are the swollen and inflamed vein tissues which are present as a lump of a mass or cushion of a tissue in the anal area. It’s an awful condition which general patient doesn’t share with anyone. Hemorrhoids can arise either internal or external area of anal canal. In internal piles patient doesn’t feel it manually but he goes through general symptom. Where as in external piles along with these symptom patient can feel the lump of mass present in around the anus. This unpleasant medical condition can easily be treated by power packed home remedy for piles offered by Ayurveda.
But before revealing those remedy it’s important to know that what causes piles so you can prevent its further growth. A low fibre diet, unnecessary straining during defecation, constipation, pregnancy, suppressing the urge of motion or any condition which increases the pressure on rectal vein leads to piles.
The most common symptoms of piles are pain or burning sensation during defecation, bleeding in stool, a feeling that your bowels haven’t emptied completely, itching around anus and heaviness in lower abdomen.
Home remedies for piles
- A piles patient needs to do some modification and changes in a life style. First of all quiet tea, coffee and especially morning tea as it is one of the reasons of constipation. Try to start your day with 2 glass Luke warm water and one tsp roasted jeera (cumin) powder. Prefer a 15 min walk after this. My many patients have successful tried this remedy to get rid of constipation.
- Add a glass of butter milk in your diet with a cumin powder, lime and rock salt
- Soak 3-4 dry figs in hot water for overnight and have them in next morning with water. These figs are known for soluble content which helps in relieving pain and size of haemorrhoids
- Witch Hazel is a tannin rich herb which reduces bleeding and works on swollen tissue. You just have to apply this herbs solution with cotton ball on haemorrhoids after every bowl movements
- Add 20-25 shallots in your diet.
- Soak the anal area in plain water or Epsom water as it help to shrink the haemorrhoids.
- A half glass of radish juice ever day will help you to minimizing the painful condition of piles.
- Add some herbs in your daily routine to get rid of piles.
- Horse chestnut ( Aesculus hippcastanum)
- Ginkgo ( Ginkgo biloba)
- Butchers broom (Ruscus aculeatus)
- Dandelion (taraxicum officinale)
- Yellow dock( Rumex crispus)
- Drink 4-5 litre of water daily; add fibre diet in your meal by increasing the intake of salad, fruits (banana, guava, oranges, apple, papaya etc), and fruit juices in your daily routine.
- Try to avoid Maida products, spicy, oil, packed foods, fatty food, non veg and a heavy diet. You just need to take a food which is easily digestible.
- Dairy products are good sources of vitamins and mineral they also have a lubricating property so add them in your diet.
Prepared by : Dr Shivani Amola