Acne is a common skin disease that affects the areas containing the largest oil glands. It occurs when the oil-secreting glands in the skin are clogged and become inflamed or infected.The disease is seen mostly in teenagers and it is estimated that Ninety percent of teenagers get acne. During adolescence the sebaceous glands get enlarged and they produce excess sebum which encourage fungal growth and is the prime cause of acne.
According to Ayurveda, Acne is due to Pitta dosha aggravation
There are some causing factors which aggravate the pitta dosha are :
• Excessive intake of tea and coffee
• Spicy food, oily and fried foods
• Stress and tension
Natural way to treat Acne
• Drinking 7-8 glasses of water daily will help body's self cleansing, self-purifying systems to be in perfect working condition and
protect skin from toxicity.
• Eating food rich in beta carotene, such as carrots, pumpkin, and other yellow-orange fruits and vegetables.
• Eat green salad it can helpful in cleaning your digestive system and acne.
• Aloe Vera is accepted as an excellent herb and is widely used as a natural herbal remedy for acne. Apply Aloe Vera pulp externally
to the skin twice a day.
• washed off with warm water before going to bed is good for removing scars of old pimples
• Prepare a mixture of lemon juice and rose water in equal quantities. Apply this mixture on the affected areas and wash off with
fresh water after half an hour.
• vitamin A diet – vitamin A is very effective in the treatment of Acne. There are some Foods that are rich in such vitamins A
spinish, mushroom etc.
• Orange Peel – Crushed orange peel with water base applied on acne is effective. Face scrub made of orange peels and gram flour
is also effective.
• Lemon juice – Lemon juice applied regularly on acne reduces it effectively. Its have rich source of Vitamin C which help in
Dr. Amit Adhana