Leucorrhoea can be defined as the thick milky discharge from the vagina.
Even its Sanskrit name shwetapradara, is made up of two words-shweta which means white and pradara which means discharge.
It can be due to physiological causes or due to some pathological causes.
In usual cases, the leucorrhoea is physiological due to release of estrogen hormone in large quantities but it could be inflammatory also. The watery discharge is usually white in color but in severe infections it could be greenish or yellowish in color. According to ayurveda : White sticky discharge in leucorrhoea causes due to vitiation of kapha doshas which get aggravated due to kapha aggrevating food leads to vitiation of rasa dhatu presents in vaginal track.
WHAT ARE THE CAUSES OF LEUCORRHOEA?
The leucorrhea discharge is a normal condition that occurs in the menstrual cycles in almost all women at some stage or the other.
The causes of this could be:
• Hormonal imbalance
• Increased estrogen levels
• Improper diet
• Lack of iron in blood
• Indigestion and constipation
• Menopausal woman
• Infections and inflammations
• Diabetic women
WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF LEUCORRHOEA?
• Watery discharge from vagina
• Foul smelling discharge
• Greenish or yellowish purulent discharges
• Itching around vagina
• Dryness around vagina
• Weakness in women
• Lethargic body
• Irritation and headaches
• Pain in claves
• Lumbar pain
Natural home remedy –
• Soak 3 tsp coriander seeds in 1 cup water over night strain this mixture in the morning Drink this on an empty stomach.
• Drink 1 glass of cranberry juice 2-3 times daily.
• Eat 2-3 bananas and follow it with 1 tsp of clarified butter daily.
• Take 1 teaspoon of powdered asparagus root with 1 teaspoon of honey twice a day.
Foods to avoid in Leucorrhoea:
• Avoid spicy and fried food completely.
• Avoid food made of white flour.
• Avoid white sugar products.
• Avoid tea, coffee, alcohol.
• Avoid tinned/ canned food
Ayurvedic Treatment of Leucorrhoea –
–White sticky discharge in leucorrhoea causes due to vitiation of kapha doshas which get aggravated due to kapha aggrevating food leads to vitiation of rasa dhatu presents in vaginal track.
So First line of treatment in ayurveda consists of enhancement of digestive fire which helps to remove the toxins and waste products out of body along with aggravated kaph.
• Pushyanug Churna: 5-10 gm twice daily.
• Patrangasava: 15-30 ml twice daily after meals with
• Chandraprabhavati: 2 pills in the morning and evening with a glass of milk.
• Amla and mulethi in equal quantities, powdered and mixed with thrice the quantity of honey is an effective drug for this disease.
• Pradrantak lauh: 1 gm thrice daily. To be taken with honey.
• Other medicines –
Supari pak, cap. lucogyl, Tab. Leucomap, tab femiplex, cap lukol are also helpful in leucorrhoea.