In a country like India, rain is something that brings utmost happiness. For so long people struggle with hot weather. Thereafter when the rainy season sets, it relaxes them a lot. But, the problem with the rainy season is that the chances of infections spreading are more. So, people get sick easily. It particularly holds true for elderly people, kids and also carrying moms. Are you preparing yourself with the utmost enjoyment for the forthcoming rainy season? Here are some tips to help ensure the best safety to yourself and your family:
What are the precautions to be taken during the rainy season?
You know that you cannot spend your days in the rainy season similar to the summer. So, you should take some precautions to be taken during the rainy season:
- Make sure to wash your hands with a disinfectant liquid then and there
- Avoid taking external foods as they can be contaminated
- Make sure to boil the drinking water before use.
- It is better to avoid walking in water stagnant in the road. They can spread fungal infections to your foot and nails.
- Mosquitos are the biggest problem-creators as you know. To avoid getting bitten by them, it is better to use a safe repellant cream.
- Take foods rich in vitamin C to boost your immunity health
- Drink a lot of warm herbal teas, particularly those with antibacterial properties.
- Use anti-fungal talc for the prevention of moisture in skin folds. These areas are prone to fungal infections.
- If you have asthma, diabetes or other respiratory issues, it is better to avoid places with damp walls. The reason is that it can promote the growth of fungus, which can be harmful to your health.
- Dry your feet whenever they get wet and avoid wearing wet shoes and socks
Following the precautions above will help you stay safe against infections that are common in the rainy season. You can share these details with your family members to safeguard them as well.
5 Tips To Stay Healthy When It Is Raining Outside:
Now, with the precautions taken as per the details given above, still, if you look for other details, here are five tips to help you stay healthy when it is raining outside:
Do not store stagnant water:
Breeding mosquitoes is one of the worst things associated with the rainy season. They can make your family miserable when they are not kept under control. But, you can make your resident mosquito-proof to safeguard your family. For instance, make sure that there is not open water storage in your home. When you have pots with water, do not forget to close them suitable lids. In addition, make sure that there is no chance for the rainwater to stagnate in any place in and around your home. The reason is that mosquitos breed only in such stagnant water. This is one of the important rainy weather safety tips to follow.
Maintain cleanliness and hygiene:
One of the most important things to do to stay healthy during the monsoon is to make sure that everything around you is clean and stay hygienic. The reason is that in unclean places, microorganisms tend to develop in rainy seasons, which can create infections. Make sure that you follow a good skincare routine during the rainy season and also keep your nail cuticles clean both in hands and in the foot to prevent fungal infections.
Be ready with umbrella or raincoat:
When you are going out in a rainy season, you do not know when you will encounter a heavy shower. So, it is better to make sure that you carry an umbrella or rainwear handy at all times you are moving out. This will help you prevent drenching in rain, which is the major cause of rain-related sickness in many people.
What if you have already drenched?
In case, you have forgotten your rainwear or umbrella and cannot wait to start until the rain stops, you have no other option other than drenching. But, as soon as you reach your home, make sure to completely remove the wet clothes. Also, it is better to take a hot shower and a cup of herbal tea to safeguard yourself.
Use rain-resistant shoes:
If you are a person, who cannot avoid getting out in the water during the rainy season, investing in a pair of gumboots will help. These boots will help you keep away from infectious rainwater.
So, understand the rainy season problems and precautions and keep yourself and your family safe during the upcoming rainy season.