Are you desirous to get an athletic physique? 7 super foods are for you.
Health freaks are getting more and more conscious to incorporate these foods into their diet chart. A nutritionally rich food is referred as a super food. Hence it’s of utmost important for an athlete or any kind sports person. These super foods have gained immense popularity of late. Every type of athlete has a tailor-made super food, be it processed or packaged. The choices are galore when it comes to foods and supplements, specially designed for health enthusiasts. As per Barbara Lewin and Jill Pluhar, notable sports nutritionists, these super foods should be included in each meal and breakfast. According to them, an athlete or a sports fanatic should include more whole food and natural nutritional food in their diet plan. Try to avoid processed food as much as possible. These 7 super foods with high nutritional benefit are must-have for any sports person.
· Quinoa: This whole grain is a superb power house for health conscious individuals! It’s rich in protein, fibre and carbohydrate and has all the vital amino acids our body requires. Quinoa helps in rebuilding lean muscles and post workout strain. Sports health experts suggest having quinoa in breakfast or lunch.
· Milk: The age old milk still manages to be at the top when it comes to whole nutrition. You get soy, coconut, rice, almond and hemp milk these days. Milk is rich in carbohydrate and protein. It’s an excellent muscle revival drink for post work out sessions. The protein and carbohydrate combination of milk is brilliant in restoring muscle tissues rapidly.
· Beetroot: Beetroot has high nitrate content and an awesome super food for contestants. Beetroot consumption increases blood, oxygen and energy flow in your body. As it causes optimal relaxation of blood vessels, daily consumption of beetroot helps in heart and muscle function with recovery benefits...
· Oatmeal: This super food is specially suggested for the sprinters and runners. It’s high in complex carbohydrate, fibre, protein, minerals, vitamin B and antioxidants. Regular consumption helps in balancing the cholesterol level of your body and supplies continuous energy to the blood vessels. Hence athletes are advised to include oatmeal in their diet.
· Chia seeds: It’s loaded with fiber, antioxidant, calcium, protein and iron. This nutrient dense healthy eat also has omega-3 fatty acid and keeps your body hydrated all day long. Also chia seeds preserve the moisture of your body and helps in effective absorption of nutrients
· Salmon: It’s a must-have for performers and sportspersons. This oily fish is rich in omega-3 fatty acid and lean protein. Salmon prevents muscle inflammation and health experts advices to consume sea food twice a week to utilize its benefit.
· Cherries: The wonder fruit especially recommended for runners, cherries are full of antioxidant and comes with a wide array of health benefits. Regular consumption of cherry juice twice a day can eliminate muscle ache, enhance the performance, recuperate muscle related problems and provides natural anti-inflammatory components to the body. Tart cherries are rich in anthocyanins and flavonoids. It’s an excellent post exercise recovery drink for athletes, gym goers and anyone who’s does strenuous exercise.
Intense strength training, muscle building and other exhaustive exercises which an athlete has to undergo, an adequate muscle recovery time is important. A healthy balanced diet rich in protein, body hydration and glycogen repletion are recommended for sports fanatics and health freaks. Vitamin supplements are equally essential for people who undergo intense training.