Want to shove off your high cholesterol level that has been bothering you for quite some time now? These days most people are chasing low cholesterol level, and many of them are ending up disheartened. We all know that healthy diet combined with calorie burning exercise and statin intake can keep the cholesterol level under check. High cholesterol risks, normally above 200mg can cause clogging of arteries resulting in severe heart attacks. Follow few of the below-mentioned strategies and improve the health of your heart as well as lower the cholesterol level of your body:
How to Reduce Cholesterol:
- In breakfast, have some wonderful cereals like cornflakes with banana and apple. Cereals are just great for health and help to reduce cholesterol level and keep you fit. You can also have oatmeal and oat bran in your breakfast proving you with the same result.
- Include fibre in your diet and try to increase it with time. Studies have shown that regular fibre intake can cause a 5% drop in your cholesterol level. Include beans, broccoli and oatmeal in your regular diet and see marked difference in LDL level.
- Make sure you check the nutrition information for each of your packaged low-fat food items before you purchase.
- Take a look at the composition of the trans-fat in each of your packages food item. The concentration of hydrogenated vegetable oil is crucial to keep a tab when you intend to lower your cholesterol level.
- Do not exclude egg from your diet completely. If you have one egg, make sure you intake lots of vegetables in your meals and cut off sugar completely from your liquid intakes.
- Avoid food with saturated fat like cheese and different meats. Also keep away from butter and whole milk.
- Do include fish in your diet. They are a rich source of omega three fatty acid which is quite helpful for people in the low-calorie diet with high cholesterol level.
- Also coconut oil and palm oil work wonders! Monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats are good to reduce cholesterol level.
- Red wine can fight your LDL level. Not joking! Research shows that red grapes fight cholesterol level which is present in abundant in red wine.
- It’s advisable for people with high cholesterol to cook their food in extra virgin olive oil. It works great for people in diet and high cholesterol level.
- Chocolate, the dark one is especially good for your heart! Antioxidant in chocolates lowers HDL level and keeps your heart hale and hearty. So keep your heart sweet and sound!!
- Tea, especially green and black tea is too good in lowering cholesterol level. Antioxidants present in tea fights against high cholesterol.
So apart from healthy diet, one needs to incorporate fat burning exercises to stay hale and hearty! Diet alone cannot make a difference. Healthy food with proper exercise not only gives you a healthy body but a healthy mind as well. Set your goal, work on them religiously and make a difference to your life.