As swine flu, which is otherwise denoted as H1N1 has begun to spread and is noted as pandemic by the World Health Organization, it is recommended that people should follow some preventive actions to stay protected from this deadly disease. The Centers for Disease Control of the World Health Organization are echoing the call to take preventive actions. Here are the 8 tips suggested to stay protected and to boost your immune system, so that your body can effectively fight against the infection causing virus:
1. Wash your hands: It is recommended that in addition to washing hands regularly, when hot soapy water is used, it will work against viruses and bacteria in an effective manner. It is also suggested that people should take at least 10-20 seconds to wash hands in hot soapy water regularly.
2. Get enough sleep: This might mean different sleeping hours to different people. However, it is better to ensure that you get at least 6 hours of good rest, so that your immune system will remain at its bet flu-fighting shape.
3. Keep Hydrated: It is important that you should have at least 8-10 Oz of water to effectively flush out toxins from your system and for maintaining good hydration and mucous production in your sinuses to stay protected against flu-causing viruses and bacteria.
4. Consume immune boosting foods: It is important to keep your body nourished and ready to fight against infections.
|You must also Read:|
|10 Amazing Benefits of Tomatoes for Skin that will Surprise You|
|Few Life Style Changes for a Very Sharp Memory|
|Food Items to Be Avoided During the Monsoon Season|
5. Avoid alcohol: Generally, alcohol is an immune suppressant in addition to acting as mood depressant. So, it will actually decrease your resistance power to viral infections. In women, alcohol consumption can bring down their estrogen production, thereby causing impairment to the immune system. So, to keep the immune system stronger, it is recommended to keep away from alcoholic beverages.
6. Engage in physical activity: You can engage in mild to moderate physical activities like brisk walking for about half an hour for three to four times a week to increase blood circulation and for supporting your immune system. Exercises will also oxygenate your body and can purge toxins in the form of sweat.
7. Be cautious about surfaces: This is something you should do mindfullyConsume immune boosting foods: It is important to keep your body nourished and ready to fight against infections. The important point to remember here is that fatty foods can slow down the rate of metabolism in your body, thereby making you sluggish. Sluggishness can compromise your immune system, so avoid fatty foods and rely on vitamin-rich fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
7. Be cautious about surfaces: This is something you should do mindfully. You should be vigilant about the surfaces you touch. You should be careful about shaking hands or using pen or other products that was recently touched by others. When you touch such surfaces, it is better not to touch your face, until you get the chance to wash hands.
8. Avoid contact with sick people: The H1N1 virus generally spread when you get in contact with the sneeze or cough of an infected person. When the air through the sneeze or cough reaches someone else’s nose from an infected person, the other person will also get the infection. So, you should be careful when moving around with someone who is sick. It is better to stay a certain feet away to avoid physical contact.
So, follow the tips given about by World Health Organization and stay away from H1N1..
|Below Articles may be helpful to you:|
|Some Tips To Prevent Malaria|
|Yoga Aasans can Deal with Depression|
|Perfect Diabetic Diet Tips for Indians|