The worst thing about the modern society is that it is in a sad state of producing many over-processed livers. Our liver has to work hard, whenever we are exposed to environmental pollution, stress and whenever we consume fried and processed foods. When the liver is taxed, it will not be in a position to process fat and toxins in an effective manner. As the liver is responsible for filtering out the toxins from the body, it can become toxic itself and this is why it is recommended that people should go for liver cleansing at regular intervals.
Rather than relying on some treatments for liver cleansing, people can achieve this right from the comfort of their home by including top 9 foods to their diet and here are some details in this regard:
1. Garlic: Garlic is an excellent remedy for activating liver enzymes. The high amount of selenium and allicin present in this wonderful gift from the nature can play a major role towards liver cleansing.
2. Grapefruit: Grapefruits are known to be rich in antioxidants and vitamin C. Due to these properties it can naturally contribute towards the liver cleaning process. Just a small glass of fresh grape juice can play a major role towards boosting the liver detoxification enzymes that will help in flushing out toxins in an effective manner.
3. Carrots and beets: Both these vegetables are rich in beta-carotene and flavonoids. Regularly including these two vegetables in the diet can play a major role towards improving the overall functioning of liver to a great extent.
4. Green tea: The presence of antioxidants known as catechins can play a major role towards assisting liver functions. Not only liver function, the antioxidant properties of green tea, plays a major role towards anti-ageing as well.
5. Leafy green vegetables: Leafy green vegetables when included either in uncooked, cooked or juiced form can be effective in cleansing the liver. As green vegetables are high in plant chlorophylls, they drain off environmental toxins from the blood stream in an effective manner. As these green vegetables possess the distinctive ability for counteracting heavy metals, pesticides and chemicals, they offer powerful defensive system for liver.
6. Avocados: Avocados are rich in a substance called glutathione, which is a compound that is important for liver in cleansing harmful toxins.
7. Apples: As most of us come across the popular saying ‘an apple a day can keep doctor away’, Apples are rich in a substance called pectin, which holds the chemical constituents important for the body for cleansing and for releasing toxins from the digestive tract. This will make the liver competent to handle the toxic load, when an individual goes for any type of liver cleansing.
8. Olive Oil: When used in moderate quantity, olive oil can be friendly to the liver. This oil can provide the lipid base to the body that can play a major role towards sucking unwanted toxins.
9. Lemon: Vitamin C foods like lemons can play a major role towards synthesizing toxins into substances that can be effectively absorbed by water. Fresh lemon juice with empty stomach can play a major role towards stimulating liver.