If you are searching for natural ways to get out of uterine fibroids, the reason might be that you might have been diagnosed to have this issue. Otherwise, you might also be worried about it, just because your mother or sister had recently undergone a hysterectomy surgery for removal of uterine fibroids.
Fibroids are generally multiple in nature, but they can sometimes be single as well. A report states that nearly 20% of women over 35 years of age have this issue. The chances of fibroids after menopause is very rare and just a 0.5% chances are there for fibroids turning into cancer cysts. Generally, a pelvic ultrasound is conducted for diagnosing this issue on the basis of symptoms like frequent urination, pain, discomfort or heaviness.
Are there natural therapies available to cure uterine fibroids?
• For shrinking the size of fibroids or at least to prevent those from growing different natural therapies can be used.
• Homeopathy can be used as the mainstream for treating this issue in women.
• Homeopathy states that if a woman has excessive bleeding, she might be having pitta imbalance and so she is recommended to keep away from hot and spicy foods.
• If a woman is overweight and has a slow rate of metabolism due to fibroids, her issue can be treated effectively with a diet that is free or low in heavy foods, salt, red meat and dairy products.
• Generally, the liver is responsible for breaking down estrogen and if the liver does not perform at its optimum level, it will lead to excessive estrogen buildup. This is why homeopathy recommends that a combination of amino acids and herbs can help in liver detoxification in an efficient manner.
• Multiple vitamin and mineral supplements are important and if a woman bleeds heavily, it is important to ensure that she does not reach the stage of anemia. So, she should take foods rich in iron content.
• Castor oil packs in abdomen can help in relieving the pain and discomfort caused due to uterine fibroids.
Psychological factors related to fibroids:
As homeopathic practitioners are of the opinion that psychological factors can play a major role towards fibroid presence in women, hypnosis is recommended for women with fibroids for understanding the underlying cause behind the issue. This means that they work towards finding why her body manifests fibroids before actually getting into the treatment for providing the right cure to the underlying issue.
What if a woman is found to have fibroids?
Generally, women are recommended to opt for surgical procedure called hysterectomy to puncture the fibroids. Due to the fear of surgery, they opt for alternative medicines. An ultrasound will help in identifying the size of the fibroids and this is essential to identify the improvement after treatment. The treatment will be decided on the basis of the size and the symptoms that are caused by the fibroids. If they are small, there need not be any worry as they will go away on their own. But, if they are large and are rigid, it becomes important that surgery should be opted for. If they are not large enough, keeping their size at the current stage until menopause will help in preventing surgery.