Avoid things during or a week before the cycle
1. Don’t consume white sugar, processed white flours and artificial colours and additives through your foods.
2. Don’t go for a low fat diet because you need the right (unprocessed and extra virgin) fats to absorb the fat soluble vitamins in your body such as vitamin A, D, E and K. like - coconut oil, flax seed oil ,ghee, evening primrose oil and hemp seeds.
3. Avoid eating too much grain based foods. Grain based foods like-rice, pasta and bread. These foods can increase blood sugar imbalances, lower thyroid functions.
4. Get rid of commercial diary and dairy based products from your diet completely. You can take organic unhomogenized milk or raw milk (grass fed and good husbandry practice) from a well-known farmer.
Completely remove table salt or refined salt intake. Instead of it take Celtic sea salt or Himalayan Pink salt.
|You must also Read:|
|Home Remedies for Menstrual Pain|
|Ayurvedic View Of Miscarriage|
|Get to Know about UTI Symptoms in Women|
6. Don’t take caffeine to get rid of painful menstruation.
7. Avoid sanitary pads that are not disposable. An organic disposable pad contains no harmful chemicals.
Natural ways to reduce menstrual cramps or period pain
During menstrual cramps try to drink lemon water every morning for alkalizing effect on the body and keep the body hydrated and mineralized. It will make hydrated throughout the day,
You should include vitamin D3 in your diet. Especially those are living in colder climates that rarely get sunlight during the winter season.
Increase the quantity of leafy greens to ensure enough B vitamins, fibre and mineral supply in the body. Body will get rich amount of calcium, magnesium, iron, vitamin B and other minerals through leafy greens. Swiss chard, collard greens, yogurt, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds and spinach contain these minerals.
Eat fish or flax oil every day to get relief from hormonal imbalances.
Most favourable remedy to get relief from cramps is an Ayurvedic home remedy:
• Use cinnamon and ginger to make a tea.
• Just use ¼ tspThese foods can increase blood sugar imbalances, lower thyroid functions.
5. Completely remove table salt or refined salt intake. Instead of it take Celtic sea salt or Himalayan Pink salt.
• Just use ¼ tsp. of ground cinnamon and a pinch of ground ginger or couple of thin slices of half an inch of fresh ginger to a cup of hot water.
• Wait and let it steep for 5 minutes.
• Strain and drink the tea.
Chaste berry is an herb that relieve menstrual cramps,
Evening primrose oil or borage oil is wealthy in anti-inflammatory omega-6 fatty acids and are known to reduce breast pain and tenderness as well as PMS symptoms.
Take calcium and magnesium is crucial for balancing the hormones.
Use heating pads or hot water bags around the area relaxes the stiff muscles and reduces pain by bringing oxygen in the area.
One of the most important things that work is relaxation through 7-8 hours of sound sleep and stress reduction.
Meditation and breathing exercises (pranayama) also help in reducing stress.
If you are habitual of eating nuts, seeds and grains then increase aerobic exercises. Aerobic exercises move endorphin hormones or “feel good” hormones in the body. The existence of this hormone works like a natural pain killer.
Apply natural progesterone cream or wild yam cream. You can apply this cream on stomach, lower abdominal area, things, buttocks breasts and upper arm area. Start to apply this cream is a week before the start of your period.
|It may be helpful to you:|
|Fertility Issues In Women|
|Foods To Be Avoided By Breastfeeding Moms|
|Premature Menopause - Everything Women Should Know|