While some women get through the pregnancy stage with ease, some of the carrying women face a lot of difficulty due to nausea and vomiting. This condition, which is otherwise called as morning sickness is stated to be a normal part of pregnancy. Most carrying women experience this issue during the first trimester. A report states that nearly 65% of women face this issue when they are carrying.
Cause for nausea and vomiting during pregnancy:
Even though, the exact cause for these symptoms during pregnancy is not known, it is believed that the rapid hormonal changes taking place in the body may cause the stomach muscle to contract and relax, thereby leading to these issues. The other contributing factors include mineral and vitamin deficiencies, sensitive stomach, anxiety, stress, fatigue, certain foods and certain smells.
Reports state that nausea and vomiting occur early in the morning and will go away as the day progresses. There are also chances that some women will experience these problems during the other parts of the day. Even though, for most of them this issue will go away after the trimester, for some it is known to continue all through the pregnancy. The symptoms can be highly frustrating and will interfere in the day-to-day activities of the carrying women. But, women can deal with this issue with some simple home remedies and lifestyle changes and here are some tips that can come handy for them:
For treating nausea and vomiting in carrying women, water can provide an excellent remedy. Reports state that women, who drink a glass of water once in an hour, are found to have lesser chances of morning sickness. It will also help in keeping the body hydrated, which is highly important for the carrying mom and the fetus.
• Carrying women can just have some water beside the bed and as soon as they get up, they can take some small sips of water and can permit the stomach to settle down and then can leave the bed.
• In addition, consuming enough water all through the day is important. It will help in improving mood and digestion.
Ginger can provide an excellent remedy for nausea and vomiting for carrying women. It is an excellent spice for improving the digestive function and will help in blocking acid secretion in stomach that is responsible for nausea and vomiting.
• Chewing a ginger candy or a piece of ginger can provide relief from nausea.
• Even a mixture of ginger water and honey early in the morning can help to prevent nausea and vomiting to a great extent.
• Taking a cup or two of ginger tea in the morning can help.
As most of us know, lemon can provide an excellent remedy for nausea and vomiting for all and this is true in the case of carrying women as well. The calming and soothing effect of this fruit can play a major role towards reducing vomiting sensation.
• Adding lemon juice and a spoon of honey and drinking the juice in the morning can help.
• Simply smelling lemon can bring down nausea and vomiting sensation
• Having a lemon candy can help
• Even lemon based essential oil can be added to the hanky to smell as and when vomiting sensation arises.