LYCHEE INFORMATION, NUTRIENTS, BENEFITS
- A Lychee is a tropical fruit, which belongs to the soap tree family.
- The fruit has a sweet, spicy taste. Lychee contains a lot of vitamin C and further calcium, iron and vitamin B.
- The lychee is related to the raspberry (less juicy and sweet, but sturdier), the Kapulasan, the Korlan, the Pitomba, Longan and the Aki.
- The lychee originates from China. Lychees grow in 5 to 30 pieces of bunches of trees that can grow up to 20 meters high.
- The juicy flesh is glazed white. The hard shell has a ribbed structure that shades from red to reddish during ripening.
- The lychee has an elongated, shiny non-raw eating pit. The pit can be eaten roasted.
- Lychees can be saved in the refrigerator for two weeks. The best thing is the lychee if you let her come to room temperature before use.
Ask our Counsellors