PAPAYA: CAUSES, SYMPTOMS, PREVENTION, TREATMENT, REMEDIES
Papaya Fruit Information
- Papaya belongs to the family Caricaceae.
- Its botanical name is Carica papaya.
- Its tree is usually a single stem. This stem is 5 to 10 m tall.
- The leaves of papaya tree are large. Its leaves are 50- 70 cm in diameter.
- The tree is dioecious. Male and female flowers are separate.
- It is rich in vitamin A and C.
- The trees may be male or female or hermaphrodite. The male plant produces only pollen grains. Female plant produces fruit only after the pollination.
- The fruits produced are inedible. Hermaphrodites can self-pollinate.
- The male flowers with the stamen are fused with petals.
- The female flowers have the superior ovary.
- The fruit is a large berry.
- In a 100-gram serving papaya, 43 calories are gained.
- Fungi, viruses and pests can infect the plants.
Ask our Counsellors