BENEFITS OF WATERMELON: HEALTH BENEFITS, SKIN BENEFITS
Health Benefits of Watermelon:
- Watermelon is rich in vitamin C.
- Asthma is generally considered to be caused due to deficiency of Vitamin C or ascorbic acid.
- Daily consumption of watermelon reduces the chances of asthma.
- Watermelon consumption reduces ankle blood pressure, brachial blood pressure and carotid wave reflection in obese middle-aged adults with prehypertension
- Watermelon also improves arterial function.
- Heart disease can be avoided by consuming the diet consisting lycopene.
- Watermelon has an adequate amount of lycopene.
- Watermelon help to combat the formation of free radicals known to cause cancer.
- Lycopene intake has decreased risk of prostate cancer.
- Lack of sufficient fluid consumption causes constipation and other gastrointestinal issues.
- Watermelon is rich in water and fiber.
- This helps to prevent from gastrointestinal issues like constipation, etc..
- A bowl of watermelon can reduce the amount of daily water consumption.
- Watermelon is made up of 92% water, rest important nutrients.
- It helps to reduce blood pressure and body temperature.
- The water and other minerals maintain the water level in the body.
- It also stimulates the sweat, which is used to cool our body temperature.
- Watermelon is rich in potassium
- Potassium helps to remove the toxic deposits in the kidney.
- Watermelon is also rich in water, thus induces the frequency of urination.
- Likewise, the presence of antioxidants helps to keep kidney healthy.
- Everyday routinized work leads to tiredness, muscle soreness etc.
- After the various study, it has been found that watermelon is best suited to reduce this problem.
- This is due to the presence of the amino acid L-citrulline contained in watermelon.
Skin Benefits of Watermelon:
- Watermelon is also great for the skin because it contains vitamin A.
Vitamin A is required for sebum production that keeps hair moisturized.
Vitamin A is also necessary for the growth of all bodily tissues, including skin and hair.
Watermelon also maintains hydration, which is important for healthy looking skin and hair.