Among the many minerals needed for the healthy functioning and the growth of bones in the human body, calcium is highly important. This mineral generally plays an important role in the human body in the process of preventing bone loss by improving the strength of bones.
This mineral is naturally present in huge quantity in milk. But, some people are intolerant to lactose, which is a sugar component found in the milk. When there is intolerance to this component, the body cannot absorb the same as the small intestine in their body cannot produce the enzyme called as lactase in the required quantity. It is this enzyme that takes care of the process of digesting lactose. So, these people should introduce other calcium based foods to ensure that their body does not move to the calcium deficiency mode.
Natural remedies for calcium absorption:
Those, who cannot consume milk, can follow some natural remedies mentioned below to ensure that their body can absorb the calcium content present in these remedies:
• Banana is a rich source of phosphorus and it is a good source for calcium as well. So, this fruit can be consumed regularly.
• Higher level of Vitamin D content in the body will help on calcium absorption. Sunlight is a good source of this vitamin.
• Soybean and soy-based product can help body fight against deficiency of calcium.
• Taking a spoon or two of sesame seeds on are a regular basis will help.
• Taking honey and lemon juice with water can help
• Kale, spinach and other green vegetables are rich in calcium content
• Milk products like paneer, curd and buttermilk can help.
People looking for safe and natural remedies to get out of the issue of deficiency of this mineral can opt for the following homeopathic medicines:
• Symphytum: This can be the best remedy for those with osteoporosis and weakness of bones
• Silicea: This is the remedy for people with low resistance to infections and general weakness in spine.
• Phosphorus: This is for fighting against weakness in spine and for those sensing burning pain between the blades of the shoulder.
• Calcarea Phosphorica: For aching bones in the neck, ribs and upper back
• Calcarea Carbonica: This can be the excellent remedy for those feeling excessive stress mentally and for those getting physical tiredness quickly.
Generally, the above-mentioned remedies can cure the pain and other related issues caused due to lack of calcium content in the body. Even though, homeopathic remedies mentioned above cannot reverse bone loss, they will help in better absorption of minerals that are helpful for ensuring bone health. They also aid in proper absorption of nutrients from the foods consumed by people with deficiency in calcium to bring about better bone and tooth health.
To conclude, the natural aging process can cause weakening of bones and osteoporosis in women and they can use the above-mentioned remedies to keep themselves away from deficiency of calcium as they are more prone to this condition.