If you are a man worried about your low testosterone, just because of your low libido, it is recommended that you can try out some remedies before actually taking medicines for boosting the level of this hormone. Here are the five steps or fixes you can rely on before opting for medications for your low testosterone level:
1. Detect the actual cause: You should never take low testosterone medicines lightly. The reason is that once they are started, you will have to rely on them for your entire life. Just because of your low libido, it need not be caused by low testosterone alone. So, do not take any medications unless and until, it is clearly understood what causes the low libido. It may be something like endocrine disruptors as well. So, it is better to seek medical help and it is better to sit with your doctor to find the real cause before taking any medications.
2. Be honest: Remember that when you seek medical help, you will have to answer many personal questions. Only when you give honest answers, your doctor will be in a position to identify the real cause behind your health issue. In addition to asking questions about your love life, the doctor might put forth questions related to your weight, eating habits, alcohol use, etc. So, be honest when answering to find the real solution to your problem.
3. Ask your doctor to find whether some tests are needed: On the basis of your symptoms, your doctor might suggest you to go for a testosterone test. But, remember that not only this hormone, but your low libido might be caused due to adrenal and thyroid issues as well. So, check with your doctor whether these tests are needed.
4. Have a look at your daily habits: Remember that inadequate sleep can bring about a major impact on your testosterone level. So, ensure that you get complete rest every night at least for 6 hours. Nutrition also counts and so try to maintain a balanced diet. There are great chances that your diet might make you feel lousy. Small dietary improvements can make a great difference. For instance, increasing your fat intake and reducing carbohydrates from your diet can help you raise testosterone levels measurably. In addition, check whether you are under-eating and this can also lead to low testosterone level.
5. Taking one step at a time can help: Trying to improve your lifestyle can be overwhelming and you cannot make all the changes in your lifestyle all of a sudden. Just begin with some small and healthy changes to make a great difference in your testosterone level production. More than anything else, you should take active and conscious steps towards improving your health.
To conclude, medicines are great, but rather than relying on them straight away, if you can bring about some healthy lifestyle changes, you can achieve great improvement. Take the help of your family physician to lead a healthy life that will help you live free from medications as much as possible.