SAGE INFORMATION, NUTRIENTS, BENEFITS
Do You Know About Sage?
- If you look for Sage meaning, you should know that it is a spice.
- Farmers get the spice from the dried leaf of the sage plant called as Salvia Officinalis.
- The sage herb plant will have greyish-green leaves that are aromatic.
- When sage leaves dry, they turn into silvery grey form with a soft velvety texture.
- The sage plant will have flowers that are either white, purple or blue
- This herb is known for its incredible benefits when it comes to the health benefits to the humans.
- This plant is closely related to rosemary, and they are considered sister herbs.
- The health benefits of sage are because of the rosmarinic acid, and the plant grows in the Mediterranean region.
- If you look for sage meaning in Hindi, sadhu masala is the word people use.
- This herb is a member of the mint family, and so it is widely used for salad dressing.
- The traditional use of sage for the medicinal purpose is well-documented.
- It was initially used for treating snakebites and for safeguarding from evil.
- Further, it is also known to boost fertility in women.
- Most farmers export sage to countries from around the world
- It makes its way into the cuisines from the United States to the Middle East.
- Due to the peppery flavour, it becomes a part of savoury dishes. This nature of sage makes it the part of many meat-based preparations and even in meals.
- It is a native of Mediterranean region, but it grows wild in the Dalmatian region of Yugoslavia.
- Farmers cultivate this spice in USA, Canada, England, Cyprus, Spain, Portugal, Turkey, Albania, Italy and the United States of America.
- Farmers, sparingly farm this spice in the Jammu region in India. The hot and dry climate is not suitable for this plant.
Ask our Counsellors