The much awaited season on monsoons is here, but yet this season of rains can sometimes be very harmful for your body. One of the major reasons for this is that the digestive system of our body gets disturbed. As a result our metabolism gets slow and the fat easily accumulates in the body.
Slow metabolism can cause many conditions including stomach ailments like bloating and constipation.
The immunity of our body gets affected adversely and is reduced significantly, making our body vulnerable and prone to various conditions and diseases like fever, cold and the most commonly associated with rainy season Flu.
Hence it is very essential and of utmost importance to have a very balanced and proper diet so that the immunity of our body which gets affected by the rainy season can maintain itself and fight other diseases.
Director of GAIA Herbs, Dolly Kumar has shared some of the most useful tips to increase our immunity and the metabolic rate so that we don’t miss out on all the fun that this season brings along.
· Stay Hydrated – Drink as much water as possible and other water based drinks like green tea etc. As the climate becomes humid in the season of monsoon, we tend to sweat more, which can cause dehydration in the body and hence making us more pore to falling ill or develop a condition.
· Increase the intake of Fiber in the Diet - Increase the consumption of extremely light fibrous grains for example Oats, brown rice as they are very easy to absorb and hence the digestive system is also at ease. Try avoiding cereals which are water based such as curry rice as it can cause bloating in your stomach.
· Opt for Light and healthy cooking Oils – The monsoon season is usually welcomed with certain dishes like pakora etc. As much as you are a fan of these fishes try avoiding them during the season of monsoon as they are deep fried and hence rich in fat, which is not easily digested by the body and cause various digestion related conditions. If you are still willing to indulge in the perks of monsoon you can use light oils such as olive oil, instead of using heavy and fatty oils like ghee or mustard.
· Use natural booster to boost immunity – Some of the natural antibiotics that can boos our metabolic rate and our examples of very efficient antibiotics include Turmeric powder and Fenugreek seeds
· Lime and Honey – Even if you are scared and feel that you are more prone to diseases you can use lemon juice and honey to further boost your metabolic rate and hence the immunity. Honey and lemon act as a very good catalyst in the process of digestion and also helps the intestine to carry out their respective function effectively and efficiently.