NUTRITION VALUES OF BROCCOLI
If you are a health conscious individual, you might be interested in knowing the nutritional value of broccoli before you include this vegetable on a regular basis with your diet.
As far as calories in broccoli are concerned, a 100 gram serving of this vegetable has 31 calories. Further broccoli nutrition facts state that this vegetable is a good source of dietary fibre. Further, it is rich in vitamins and minerals like copper, potassium, Vitamin A, B1, choline, phosphorus, manganese, Vitamin E, B6, and pantothenic acid.
Further, broccoli nutritional value states that this vegetable is a good source of protein as well. Yes, you can get a protein value of 3.7 per a 100-gram serving of this vegetable.
As most of us know, meat is rich in protein. So, the thing most vegan people worry is how to get protein from vegan foods. They can include broccoli in their diet. The reason is that protein in broccoli is more than the protein per calories present in steak. Even, experts state that the broccoli protein is equivalent to that of fish and chicken.
So, for vegan people interested in increasing the protein content in their body, they should consume more of broccoli on a regular basis. This great-looking and tasting vegetable is also concentrated in phytonutrients.
In a specific phytonutrient category called as glucosinolates, broccoli simply outperforms any other vegetable. One of the important reasons for the cancer-preventing benefits offered by this vegetable is the substance called isothiocyanates made from the glucosinolates present in broccoli.
When talking about the nutrients present in Broccoli, we should learn about the different antioxidants present in this vegetable. Not just antioxidants, but the veggie has different plant compounds that contribute to its health benefits.
- Sulforaphane: This is the most extensive and abundant plant compound present in Broccoli. This compound will help with safeguarding the humans against different types of cancer.
- Indole 3 Carbinol: This is a unique nutrient found in most cruciferous vegetables. This compound will also help with cancer prevention.
- Kaempferol: This antioxidant can bring many health benefits to the humans. It will help with allergy, inflammation, cancer and heart disease prevention.
- Quercetin: This antioxidant can also bring many benefits inclusive of lowering blood pressure in the case of patients with High BP.
- Carotenoids: Broccoli contains beta-carotene, zeaxanthin, and lutein. All these substances will help with improving eye health
So, broccoli is a vegetable with very good nutritional properties.