BROCCOLI SALAD, RECIPE, BENEFITS, NUTRITION
If you wish to include Broccoli in your diet, you can try out the following broccoli salad recipe.
- Salt and freshly ground pepper - To taste
- Sugar – 1 tablespoon (optional)
- Rice wine vinegar – 1/4th cup
- Mayonnaise – ½ Cup
- Dried Cranberries – 1/4th cup
- Blueberries – Half a cup
- Pineapple tidbits – 8-ounce can (juice reserved around 1/4th cup)
- Sunflower seeds – Half cup shelled
- Red onion – Half chopped
- Store-bought broccoli slaw – About 4 cups
- Broccoli florets – about 5-6 cups
- Raisins – 1/4th cup
How to Prepare?
- The first thing you will have to do is to bring a teapot of water to boil.
- In the meantime, cut the broccoli into small pieces of flowers.
- Once the water has reached boiling temperature, dispense the warm water over the cut broccoli placed in a bowl.
- Let the vegetable be in hot water until the colour turns bright green
- After this, drain the hot water and put the broccoli into cold water and top the vegetable with ice cubes. This will prevent the vegetable from further cooking.
- Just place the vegetable in cold water until it becomes cold. Then, drain the water.
- Just refrigerate the vegetable for about 20 minutes. This is to be done to dry the broccoli florets.
- Now, add the broccoli to a large bowl with broccoli slaw. Now add red onion, cranberries, raisins, blueberries, pineapple tidbits and sunflower seeds.
- Now, in a bowl combine the reserved pineapple juice with sugar, mayonnaise, and rice wine. Garnish with black pepper powder and salt.
- Finally, pour the dressing over the broccoli mix and gently stir to coat. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Now, your salad is ready to serve.
Broccoli is a vegetable that can bring you a whole lot of health benefits. Just include it in your diet in any form you like. You are sure to get the benefits of this vegetable even though it costs more at some times of the year.