BROCCOLI SOUP, RECIPE, BENEFITS, NUTRITION
Broccoli soup is the most common recipe prepared with Broccoli. As it is easy to make, people choose this recipe to include broccoli in their diet. The soup can be arranged in some ways. Depending on the method you want, you should have the appropriate ingredients for the broccoli soup recipe. Soup can also act as a tasty appetiser before your meal.
Before getting into the recipe, you should know the ingredients needed, isn’t?
- Butter – One tablespoon
- Extra virgin olive oil – One tablespoon
- Chopped onion – 1 medium size
- Stalk Celery – 1 chopped
- Garlic cloves – 2 chopped
- Fresh thyme or parsley – 1 teaspoon
- Chopped broccoli (stems and florets) – 8 cups
- Water – 2 Cups
- Sodium-reduced chicken or vegetable broth – 4 cups
- Half-and-half – half cup (Optional)
- Salt – Half Teaspoon
- Pepper – Freshly ground to taste
How to Prepare?
To prepare this soup, you will need 45 minutes of your time. Let us explore the recipe here:
- The first thing you should do is to heat butter and oil in an oven. Make sure that the butter melts before you add onion and celery.
- Once added cook stirring occasionally until they become soft for about 4-6 minutes.
- Now, add thyme or parsley and garlic. Stir until fragrance comes for about 10 seconds.
- Add in Broccoli and make sure broth and water are added. Now, bring the contents in the pan to lively simmer over high heat. Now, bring down the heat until the vegetable turns tender. This might take around 8 minutes.
- The next step is to puree the soup in batches in a blender until it becomes smooth. If you use half-and-half add it and stir and add pepper and salt.
Now, your soup is ready. You have the option to refrigerate it for up to 4 days, or you can also freeze for up to 3 months.
You can try this soup made out of broccoli along with grilled cheese sandwiches, or even you can use it as a starter for a simple supper.