TOMATO CHUTNEY, RECIPE, BENEFITS, NUTRITION
This Tomato Chutney recipe is easy to make.
Tomato Chutney Recipe
- Difficulty: easy
- Preparation time: 25 minutes
- Servings: for 4-6 people
- 700g ripe tomatoes (about 6 medium)
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger or 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 2 green chillies
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ Teaspoon fresh paprika
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or sunflower oil
- Wash the tomatoes very well and cut them in half and slices or eighths. Book them.
- Wash chillies and cut them lengthwise into four pieces.
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan (preferably non-stick). Put the cumin seeds and the mustard seeds, and remove them. Add the ginger, bay leaf, paprika and turmeric and stir it all together for a minute.
- Add the tomatoes, chillies, salt and sugar and mix well. Cover and let it cook over medium heat 5 minutes.
- Screw it in and remove it. The tomato will be undone with the cooking. Lower the heat (to simmer), cover it and let it cook 10 minutes more. It has to be a sauce with pieces of tomato, but that is very soft, that they undo.
- Stir well, add the cilantro, mix it, let it a couple more minutes and try it. Add more sugar if you notice too much acid or a little more salt if it seems bland and takes a few more minutes.
- Serve in bowls with spoons to be able to take the sauce, as an accompaniment of flat bread, rice or vegetables.